Earlier today I shared a collection of spring flower photos to brighten your weekend. So can you guess what this week’s photography challenge is? You got it – flora!
But I want you to get creative with it. Think outside the box and do something different.
- Try some macro flower shots
- Read about How to Photograph Flowers or get some tips on improving your flower photos
- Shoot some wild flowers if they’re blooming in your area
- Use some dramatic backlighting for effect
- Seek out and find some bold colors and use them in your composition
- Try a shallow depth of field, or focus stacking to get a wider focus range.
- Shoot some using a slower shutter speed to add some motion
- Convert some to black and white
- Put them in reflection
- Try out hand coloring in Lightroom
- Using a flashlight or flash and paint with light at night or in a dark room
- Shoot one flower
- Shoot a whole bunch of them or a field full
Getting some ideas?
Share your floral images!
Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section as pictured below) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer upload them to your favourite photo sharing site and leave the link to them.